The disc brake system in your Lexus car or SUV relies upon three major components to produce friction and slow your vehicle. Brake pads are one, and among the most important.
What Brake Pads Do
When you press your foot against the brake pedal, that causes the brake cylinders to send hydraulic brake fluid through brake lines and brake hoses. The pressure of that fluid forces the brake calipers to clamp onto the brake rotors and generate the resistance you need to slow – and eventually stop – the wheels. However, if the calipers were to directly press against the rotors, they'd both suffer damage from the metal-on-metal contact. The brake pads help to cushion that and protect against harm.
How to Spot Failing Brake Pads
Of course, brake pads will eventually wear down due to the excessive heat and pressure involved with braking. Signs of this include:
- Whining or vibrating brakes
- Evidence of excessive pad wear
- It takes longer to slow down or stop
- Grinding noises when you brake
- Your brake pedal feels unusually soft or squishy
- The brake pedal bounces under your foot
You Can Depend On Genuine OEM Brake Pads
If you’re wondering which brake pads work best for your vehicle, the answer is the ones that Lexus made specifically for your model. They are, after all, the only ones that are guaranteed to be compatible. Find them, along with anything else you need for the project, right here in our online auto parts catalog. Buy now and we'll ship your order directly to your front door!
No results found for "brake pad". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!