The control arms are crucial parts of your Lexus vehicle's front suspension. Also known as "A arms," they connect the wheel assembly to your vehicle's frame or body. Some vehicles have two, while others have them both upper and lower for a total of four.
What Control Arms Do
The outer ends of the control arms are attached to a fastened, press-on, or bolted-in ball joint. The other end connects to a steering knuckle, where bushings allow the control arms to swing vertically and smooth out the ride as your wheels go over bumps and potholes.
How to Spot Control Arm Problems
Eventually, even the best control arms can bend, wear out, or get damaged. When that happens, you can't count on safe driving. Signs of trouble include:
- Your wheels vibrate or wobble
- The steering wheel wanders or pulls to one side
- You hear unusual sounds
- Unusually uncomfortable ride quality
- You see signs of uneven tire wear
Choose Genuine OEM Control Arms for Best Performance
You should inspect your control arms at least once every year. If that shows the need to replace one or more, insist on adding ones made by your manufacturer. Like all Lexus parts, they're guaranteed to be compatible with your model. Find everything you need for the project in our online auto parts catalog. Buy now and we'll get your order shipped out ASAP!
No results found for "control arm, a arm". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!