When you think of weather stripping, your Lexus vehicle probably isnÕt top of mind. However, your comfort is dependent upon the weather stripping installed on your car or SUV.
Simply, automotive weather stripping is a rubber and slat system that lines your vehicle's windows and doors. Held in place by adhesive and screws, it keeps dirt, wind, and moisture out of the cabin while also helping muffle the sound of the vehicle's doors closing.
How to Spot Failing Weather Stripping
Eventually, though, even the best weather stripping can wear out. Signs of this include:
- The sound of air rushing through your windows or doors when you're driving
- Water stains inside your vehicle, including on your floor mats
- Cracked or brittle pieces of rubber stripping
How to Install New Weather Stripping
Begin with removing any screws that may hold down your old weather stripping. Clear away any residual adhesive and thoroughly dry the area. Add a layer of fresh adhesive, press the new weather strip into the channel, line it up, and press gently into place. Finally, replace any screws you removed earlier.
Buy Genuine OEM Weather Stripping Online
It's essential to use the same type, length, and width when you're adding new weather stripping. The best way to ensure that is to buy the genuine weather stripping that Lexus made to be compatible with the company's vehicles. That allows you to enjoy guaranteed compatibility for your model. Buy yours from our online auto parts inventory today and we'll get your order shipped right out!
No results found for "weather stripping". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!