The radiator is a critical part when it comes to ensuring that your Lexus car or SUV runs safely and smoothly. You see, your enginegenerates tremendous amounts of heat as it operates. Without a radiator to keep your it cool, the engine would overheat and suffer lasting, permanent damage.
How Radiators Work
Radiators prevent this by circulating fluid (usually a mix of water and coolant) through the hottest parts of the engine. It collects the heat and then returns to the radiator. The large, flat, finned surface of the radiator then allows the heat to dissipate. The radiator fluid is then free to make another trip through the engine.
How to Spot a Bad Radiator
Even the highest quality radiator can eventually go bad, though. Signs of failure include:
- Damaged radiator fin
- Odd engine noises
- You detect sweet, syrupy smell of coolant in the air
- Sludgy coolant
- Heater and air conditioner problems
- Overheating engine
Genuine OEM Radiators Perform Best
Fortunately, if you need to replace your radiator the solution is easily found in our auto parts centerÕs online catalog. Whether you need a genuine OEM radiator or high-quality, we have the best parts for the job. ThatÕs because theyÕre made by Lexus and guaranteed to fit your model. Buy yours now and you'll be all fixed up in no time!
No results found for "radiator". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!