These days, modern vehicles feature a starter. While you may call it a cranking motor, starter motor, or self-starter, it's a crucial Ð and convenient Ð part. How it works is straightforward.
How You Starter Works
Simply, the starter uses a dedicated motor and relay to rotate your engine. This can also be called "cranking," in homage to the old way of hand-cranking the motor. It does that when you turn the ignition key, or press the "Start" button if you have one. Remote starters do the same thing, but at the press of a button on your key fob.
However, starters can eventually start to go bad. When that happens, you'll notice it taking longer to get your engine to turn over. That's not good.
How to Spot Starter Issues
Signs of trouble with your starter include:
- The engine doesn't crank
- You hear clicking noises when you try to start
- The dash lights come on but the engine won't engage
Trust Genuine OEM Starter Parts
The best solution when you have failing starter parts is to buy new, and from your manufacturer. That's because Lexus makes the only starter parts that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model. That means you can expect a precise fit, immediate functionality, and quality performance. Find everything you need for the project right here in our online auto parts catalog, in stock and ready to ship. Buy now to save time and money!
No results found for "starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!